I don’t really blog too much about food recipes (or in the past couple years, about anything ever), but I’ve recently brushed the dust off my Vitamix to make some really simple nourishments to help me and my husband feel a little bit better about our eating habits… so here goes nothing.
This recipe is for:
- Anyone that wants to feel kind of healthy after a night of KFC
- Anyone who doesn’t have time to eat a salad
- Anyone who wants to look like they live somewhat of a healthy lifestyle (will require see-through to-go mug)
- Anyone who likes veggies
What you need:
- Blender – I use a Vitamix
- One comfortable handful of raw celery sticks
- About a cup and a half of the best fresh-squeezed raw apple juice you can find at your local market
- Equal parts cold water
- 3 fistfuls of raw spinach
- A thumb and a half of peeled fresh ginger (This is the “kick” part of this salad drink. Ginger to your preferences. Sometimes, when I’m feeling angry at myself, I throw in and extra half-thumb size of ginger to slap me back to myself)
- Throw in a blender and blend until it’s drinkable to your liking.
I make this for me and my husband since I’ve noticed we don’t eat greens as part of our other meals as often as we should. This has also recently become my go-to for my “meals” before my morning beach volleyball games. It’s light on my stomach and holds me over til lunch even when I’m active.
Happy New Year. Here’s to striving to be a better version of yourself.