I love Santa Cruz mostly because I have the mountains and the oceans within an arm’s reach. Last weekend, Freddie, Otis, and I took a stroll through Henry Cowell State Park and we just walked… and walked.. and walked.
- I love that the sound of water follows you around your hike because there’s a little river that runs through HC.
- Dogs are allowed in some areas. +10 points!
- Lots of parking.
- Lots of horse poop.
- Everything is covered by trees, so you’re not exposed to the beating sun.
- You MUST try mountain biking Henry Cowell.
- If hiking go through the Hwy 9 entrance. If mountain biking, go through the Graham Hill (?) entrance.
The rest of the weekend consisted of a day-trip up to Merced.