Cool thing about South Lake Tahoe is that it’s only about 4 hours from Santa Cruz. On Fourth of July, that’s usually not the case. This can be one of the best experiences or one of the worst experiences if you don’t plan it properly. I’m all for spontaneity and all, but I just can’t stand traffic or waiting in ridiculous lines. Luckily, this was one of those “best experiences”.
Here’s what happened:
- We left a day early and left at the break of dawn. Common sense? Well, tell that to all the people who are stuck on the only freeway in and out of Tahoe.
- My then boyfriend, now fiance (I said “yes” the day before this trip) booked a beautiful lake room 6 months in advance.
- Oh, he also booked a boat a month in advance.
- We also avoided restaurants. We pretty much just made our own food the whole weekend except for a Harrah’s buffet.
- Wear sunblock. Lots of it. Like Costco size.
Honestly, if all else fails… just enjoy the view. You’re in freakin’ Tahoe!
Hotel we stayed at:
Tahoe Beach and Ski Club
Ski Run Boat Company